This connector allows you to connect and pull metadata from a database or any software. It's purpose is to use Data360 Analyze to pull metadata using the Harvester to connect to the database, find metadata and pass it to the framework. The framework then passes data to Govern using the Govern API's.
DB2 (including z/OS and AS400)
1. First thing to do is ensure the Database Metadata node is correctly configured and that you can connect to the database:
If you are connecting to a database that is shipped with the Data360 Analyze product, then you'll need to populate the DbType, DbUser and DbPassword fields. In some cases it is also necessary to populate the DbURL field.
For more information see here > Simple database connection
If you are connecting to a database that is not shipped with the Data360 Analyze product, then several other fields are required:
- Download and install the database driver into this location: <Data360Analyze site configuration directory>/site-<port>/lib/java/db/<driverName>
- populate the DbDriverClasspath, DbUrl and DbDriver properties
Note: you must be on the VPN to run this node if the database is external to your machine.
2. Ensure that you have the permissions in place to connect to the database
3. Drag a JDBC Query node onto the canvas and enter the database details there. Run the node. If you can successfully connect using a JDBC Query node then you should be able to connect using the Database Metadata node
4. Outside of the harvester, under the Filtering section of the Database Metadata node, set the ShowDBInfoOnly property to True and re-run the node. If that is successful, then set it to false and run it again.
5. Is there something special about you catalog/schema? For example, is it encrypted or is access restricted?
6. Is this the first time you have run against this database? If so, use a database connection tool like DBeaver to test the connection and ensure you can access it?