Purpose of this article is to enable the ER to Assure communication in the event where the vertical cluster is configured and the request is failing when sent through loadbalancer. Prior to setup, you may see the following error:
"Error invoking streaming method for service com.infogix.component.ergateway.export.ent.service.IEERGatewayStreaming".
- Navigate to the following location:
- Create a sub-folder in the config folder of the run-time directory for each server in the vertical cluster. The folder name must be distinctive between both the JVMs in the cluster as shown in the below example:
- Add the following JVM argument to each ER JVM's settings in WebSphere:
-DER.config.local=<Path to sub folder X>
Provide the exact path to the folders created in step 2.
- Navigate to the following location and place a copy of the httpinvokeserver.properties file in each sub-folder created in step 2.
- Open the httpinvokeserver.properties in each sub-folder created in step 2 and modify the settings to reflect the node name and port. The httpinvokeserver.properties should have the Server Host Name and Server Port Name fields left as the local WebSphere server. The properties you need to review/revise are the following:
USE_EMBEDDED_HTTP_INVOKE_SERVER (set to true)
SERVER_HOST_NAME (set to host name of WAS server)
SERVER_PORT (set to WAS HTTP port).
6. Restart the ER JVMs