A common method of sending information from dataflows is via email messages. Messages vary from notifications of completion or failure to reports. They can be simple text messages, messages formatted using HTML, and can contain attachments.
- access to an SMTP (Simple Mail Transport Protocol) Server
- connection information to the server
The connection information to SMTP servers varies widely and configuring the email node may sometimes require assistance from the server’s administrator.
Disclaimer: Infogix takes no responsibility for any emails sent from D360 Analyze.
- The sending of SPAM, undesired commercial email, is not recommended or supported.
- Security strategies around SMTP email servers varies widely and success cannot be guaranteed.
- PII (Personally Identifiable Information) / customer information should not be sent via email.
HOW TO CONFIGURE THE NODE
These steps work for Office365.
- Open a dataflow and add a “Send Email” node to the canvas
- In the General section of properties in the node panel, populate these fields:
- FromAddress - the email address that the recipient is to use when responding. Very often there are security restrictions in the SMTP system as to what values are allowed or required in this property
- MessageSubject - the subject of the message to be sent. This is a mandatory field
- ToAddress - the email address of the recipient. This is a mandatory field
- MessageBody - the content of the email. This is a mandatory field
- Run the node and verify that an email was received by the recipient