When using Data360 Analyze server edition installed on Windows, the Windows services will default to the
LOCAL SYSTEM user. In this default setup, you may experience errors when accessing external locations that require specific user permissions, such as SharePoint or NAS drives. The most common error is
directory "<PATH>" cannot be found:
The instructions below covers how to update the Windows services owner to a specific user.
- Access your Analyze Windows server via remote desktop
- Open the Windows Services application
- Locate your three Analyze services, which will be named similar to the services below:
- Open the first Analyze service to view its properties
- Switch to the
- Click the
This account:radio button and fill in account and password information. The account specified should have access to the location(s) Analyze will access. This account can be a user or service account. Note that if the account has passwords that regularly update, the password within the Services will also need to be updated.
- Repeat Steps 4 through 6 for the two remaining services:
- If the services are online, restart the services for the change to take effect.
After the services are online with an account with ample permissions, the error will no longer occur: