This article will provide you the example data flow used within the getting started video on the Data360 Analyze YouTube channel. It will also walk you through the process of getting it setup on your local computer. Some of the key concepts you'll see within this video include:
- Acquiring data from a directory
- Acquiring data from delimited files
- Acquiring data from a database (MS Access)
- Joining data from disparate locations
- Transforming data
- How Composites are used
- Custom data flow properties
- Publishing the final output
Importing the Data Flow
First, you’ll need to download the example data flow. The latter link contains the example data flow, along with all the necessary data files to run it. The example data flow is located within the LNA folder.
Import the data flow by following the instructions in the section titled "Importing data flows and library nodes" within the "Sharing Data Flows and Library Nodes" help section.
Setting the Properties
Before you get started, you will need to change the “projectDirectory” property to point to the project folder on your computer.
- Open the Getting Started data flow.
- Look into the properties panel, located to the right side of the data flow canvas.
- Click into the textbox for the “projectDirectory” property and change it to be the folder to which you extracted the files.
Running the Data Flow
There are multiple ways to run a data flow. The method will make use of the collapsed menu panel.
- Click the menu button to view the full list of options
- Choose the “Select All” item
- Once the nodes are all selected, run the data flow. If you have previously run the nodes, use the rerun button instead.
Congratulations. You’ve just walked through building your first data flow!