This article is to assist in the creation of batch transactions. You will be able to name and select the location as to where you would want to store your created batch transactions. With these instructions, you will be able to create a range of jobs or extract your entire definition database using ‘Database Utilities’.
For Mainframe environments:
When creating batch cards from the mainframe, you will need access to the panels of the application.
- Highlight and select ‘Setup’.
- Within the ‘Setup’ box, select option ‘4’ or whichever number has ‘Database Utilities’. (Depending on your version of ACR/Summary or ACR/Detail, your numerical option number may be different.)
- Within the ‘Database Utilities’ option, select option ‘2’ or ‘Database update utilities’.
- The next menu should allow you to select ‘Build batch transactions’. Note: The numerical option will vary depending on which product you are actively using.
- The next screen will prompt you to select the location of where your batch information is being pooled from. Select Option #8 "Jobs and associated files".
- For the next step, enter in the ‘preferred name’ for the job in the member name that will be created. This will be the name of your newly generated batch transaction(s).
- You should have reached the job range of how many cards you’d like to extract. If you don’t have a range, and you’d want to extract the entire database, simply hit the ‘Accept’ key and the JCL will be generated for extraction in the next screen.
- The following screen should be the execution JCL. Verify that the information listed is correct, and submit the job. The job must execute and complete, once completed you should be able to find the completed batch transaction in the location and preferred transaction name.
Once the job has completed with the JCL, you should be located by the specified 'Member' name in your tranlib of your installed application.