This article assumes that users currently have no access to DQ+ and goes through the necessary steps to add users. Once these steps are complete, the users will have minimal access to DQ+. It is recommended to review our article on Managing User Permissions in DQ+ after completing the steps in this article.
DQ+ has two options for adding users to the product:
- SSO: User account information is received from LDAP.
- Embedded security: DQ+ will maintain all user account information.
SSO will connect with LDAP for user information. However, there may be scenarios were you want to limit user access rather than allowing DQ+ access to anyone with an LDAP account. This is controlled via DQ+s "Auto-claim" feature.
The steps below require Admin-level access to perform.
- Go to Admin -> User within DQ+:
- Click on Settings in the top right:
- Toggle whether you want users to be auto-claimed:
With or without auto-claim, if SSO is used, then users are automatically added to DQ+ when they log into the product. Depending on your environment's setup, users may need to click on "Enterprise SSO" on the DQ+ login page and specify their Tenant ID before logging in automatically.
If auto-claim is disabled, then after a user attempts logs into DQ+, their account will be added to DQ+ but they will not have access yet. An admin will need to claim the account to grant access with the following instructions:
- Go to Admin -> Users:
- Click on the corresponding user's account and then click Claim:
If Embedded security is used, there are two ways to initiate user creation:
Option 1 - User-initiated:
These instructions are for a user to initiate an access request:
- Access the DQ+ login page and clicks "Register for an account":
- The user will receive a confirmation email with an activation link. After the activation link is clicked, the user's account is activated; however it is not "claimed" yet. Since users are registering for their own access, an Admin will need to review their request before access is granted.
- An Admin will need to log into DQ+ and go to Admin -> Users:
- Next, the admin will need to click on the corresponding user's account and then click Claim:
- The user will now be able to access DQ+
Option 2 - Admin-initiated:
These instructions are for a DQ+ admin to initiate user access:
- Go to Admin -> Users:
- Click New -> User:
- Specify the user's email and name. All of these fields are case sensitive; the user will need to mimic your the capitalization.
- The user's account is now created, but there is no password set. Only a user can create/change their own password. The user will now need to access the DQ+ login page and click "Register for an account":
- Once the form is submitted, which includes creating a password, the user will receive a confirmation email with an activation link. After the activation link is clicked, the user will be able to access DQ+.
In all of the scenarios above, users will now have limited access to DQ+. It is recommended to review our article on Managing User Permissions in DQ+ to add additional permissions to users.