Within a single installation of DQ+, you can create multiple environments to keep DQ+ pipelines, dashboards and other information separated. Some information, such as users, groups and admin access is universal across all environments. However, user permissions can differ from environment by environment. The most common use case is to create environments on a team or departmental basis.
Creating new Environments
In order to create a new Environment, you will require admin access.
- Go to Admin -> Environments:
- Click New:
- Specify a name for the Environment and enter a retention period for both options:
- Click Save:
Navigating between Environments
- If you have multiple environments, you will have the name of your current Environment in the top-right corner:
- Clicking the Environment will display a drop down menu:
- Clicking the drop down menu will display the full Environment list that you user account has access to:
- Clicking on any of the Environments will switch to it as your current working Environment. You will now be able to access the pipelines within the newly selected Environment.
For information on setting permissions on an Environment, check our article on Managing User Permissions in DQ+.