Several Infogix products utilize Oracle Java as an underlying framework and will be impacted by recent changes to Oracle’s support policies. These changes include no longer offering free public updates to Oracle Java SE 8, changes to Oracle Java licensing agreements, and removing support for Oracle Java Web Start in future releases.
Infogix has plans to replace the reliance on Oracle Java within several of their products. The Infogix products that are impacted will have Oracle Java replaced with AWS Corretto and Oracle Java Web Start with IcedTea-Web.
The following Infogix products are impacted by this announcement:
- Infogix Assure (Oracle Java)
- Infogix ER (Oracle Java & Java Web Start)
- Infogix Insight (Oracle Java)
- Infogix Perceive (Oracle Java)
- Data3Sixty Analyze versions below 3.4.0 (Oracle Java)
The following Infogix products are not impacted by this announcement:
- Infogix ACR
- Data3Sixty Govern
- Data3Sixty Analyze version 3.4.0 and above
- Data3Sixty DQ+
Please note, customers that use IBM WebSphere will not have their Infogix servers impacted as IBM provides specific support for IBM Java. However, external Infogix clients, such as the Infogix Assure Client and ER Rich Client, may have been installed with Oracle Java even if the Infogix server is using IBM Java.
It is recommended that customers plan to upgrade to the updated Infogix product versions listed below.
- Infogix Assure 9.3 (available early 2020)
- Infogix ER 9.3 (available early 2020)
- Infogix Insight 9.3 (available early 2020)
- Infogix Perceive 9.3 (available early 2020)
- Data3Sixty Analyze 3.4.0 (available now)
For those customers who elect not to upgrade to an updated Infogix product version in a timely manner, they have two options:
- Continue using their currently installed Java which will continue to function, but will not receive security patches from Oracle.
- Purchase a support agreement from Oracle to ensure that they can upgrade their Oracle JDK 1.8 to the latest version.
For any questions, please reach out to Support via the "Submit a Request" link in the top right.
For updates on this matter, please select the “Follow” button at the top of this page.