All training materials, documentation manuals, and quick reference guides for the Information Value Management platform can be found by clicking on Help in the Information Value Management footer. To access this link, you must have an active Information Value Management user account. If you do not have an active account, please see the sections below to request an account or to reactivate an expired account.
When clicked, the link will direct you to the Information Value Management Help & Training Portal.
From this page you’ll be able to drill down on either the Help Documentation or the Training Catalog. The portal includes video guidance and user friendly overviews for quick reference and search. Within each area you’ll find that:
- All documents have been organized into functional groups for easy reference.
- A robust search function is available to assist in finding the exact documentation or training you are looking for.
- Documents can be viewed online or downloaded for later viewing or printing.
- Videos can be launched directly from the training catalog for viewing.
Requesting a New Information Value Management User Account
Requests for a new Information Value Management User account should come from the customer’s Contact Person. The Contact Person should send an email to email@example.com and attach the User Setup Intake Form (Excel Spreadsheet). If the Contact Person does not have a copy of the User Setup Intake Form, IVM Support will supply one on request. This form includes the following information:
- The user’s first and last name. (Usernames are typically first initial and last name.)
- The user’s title/role or job description.
- A valid email address for the new user.
- The access level for the new user. After creating the new user, IVM Support will send an email to the Contact Person to confirm that the request was processed.
Tip: After requesting a new user, alert the user so s/he can anticipate an email from the Information Value Management Platform to setup a customized password.
Important Note: If your organization is using Single Sign-On (SSO) with Information Value Management, you may not need to request user accounts through IVM Support. Some implementations of SSO will still require IVM Support to setup new user accounts, but others may not.
Activating a New Information Value Management User Account (Does not apply to Single Sign-On)
New Information Value Management users should do the following:
- Locate the Welcome email from Information Value Management (Sender = firstname.lastname@example.org). The email contains the username and a link to setup the password.
Tip: If the user does not receive the email, direct them to check their SPAM and Junk folders. Also, consult with your internal Internet Services team as there might be a firewall provision blocking the email.
- Follow the link in the email to setup a customized password. Passwords are encrypted and can only be reset by the user.
Important: The link is valid for seven days. If it is not used within this time period, it will expire.
- After creating a password, you will be logged into the Information Value Management Platform. In the future, access the Platform with the username and new Refer to the list of compatible browsers in this guide for reference.
- Bookmark the URL for future use.
To restore the Username, the Contact Person should send an email to email@example.com and provide the following:
- The user’s first and last name.
- The Username.
- Request that access be restored.
- Access level.
Important Note: If your organization is using Single Sign-On (SSO) with Information Value Management, you may not need to request users through IVM Support. Some implementation of SSO will still require IVM Support to setup/reactivate new user accounts, but others may not.
Information Value Management supports the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10
- Microsoft Edge
- Apple Safari
- Google Chrome v15 or greater
- Mozilla Firefox v8 or greater