Within Assure's server and Assure's client installation directories, there is a runcp script that will trigger an Assure control. This article assumes you have command line/terminal access to either the Assure server or Assure client installation directory.
Runcp script location
Within the Assure server, the runcp script is within the server-util directory that contains various scripts to aid with Assure operations.
<server install dir>/server-util/<jvm name>/IA/
Within the Assure client, the runcp script is within the bin directory:
<client install dir>/bin/
Both runcp scripts from Assure server and Assure client function the same.
Required script parameters
The runcp script requires a couple parameters in order to trigger an Assure control. The most common parameters are:
- entity <entity name>
- Specifies the control entity that contains the control point to run
- application <application name>
- Specifies the data quality control entity ('application') that contains the control point to run
- point <point name>
- Specifies the control point to run in either an entity or application
The entity and application parameters are mutually exclusive and having one of them is required. The point parameter is required whether either entity or application parameters are used.
Script example for standard Assure controls:
./runcp.sh -entity basic_delimited_ce -point basic_delimited_cp
Script example for Assure data quality controls:
./runcp.sh -application qualitycontrol -point qualitycontrolpoint
Common Script Parameters
The optional parameters below can be used to alter the control's settings during execution:
- -cycle <cycle number>
- Overrides the control's pre-defined cycle number. The format
- -runno <run number>
- Overrides the control's pre-defined run number
- Enables the "Is rerun?" flag within the control
- -rtfield <name=value>
- Sets a value for runtime field name specified
- Executes the control's data capture steps from the local client or terminal instead of from the server.
- -c <config_name>
- Assure Client only: runs the control based on the client deployment matching the config_name specified.
The local parameter is commonly used on Assure client instances that have access to internal databases/input files that the Assure server can't connect to directly. Once data capture occurs locally, the results are sent to the Assure server for processing within the control. More details on the local flag can be found in our Using the "-local" flag in runcp scripts article
./runcp.sh -entity basic_delimited_ce -point basic_delimited_cp -cycle 20190510 -runno 001 -rerun
./runcp.sh -entity basic_delimited_ce -point basic_delimited_cp -rtfield runtimefield1=100 -local