ATTENTION: In order to continue receiving product update notices, please Sign In and select “Follow” on the Data3Sixty Analyze announcements page here.
Infogix are excited to announce the availability of Data3Sixty Analyze 3.5.0 which includes several new features to explore.
Product downloads are available within our Data3Sixty Analyze Download section.
This month we’ve made several enhancements to Data3Sixty Anakyze including improvements in the detection of semantic types and greater flexibility when querying databases.
Data Profiler Node
The Data Profiler node enables you to profile an input data set to generate metadata and a range of statistics:
- Semantic Detail - Where the analysis of a field's values indicates a the data conforms to a particular semantic type (e.g. where string data contains first names, gender, email addresses or country names) the node outputs the detected semantic type information
- Validation Regular Expression - The Data Profiler node also outputs a regular expression that can be used elsewhere in your analysis to validate new data.
- Field Statistics - A range of profile statistics are generated for each field which can be used to better understand the 'shape' of your data. The statistics include: minimum and maximum values, the number of Null values and Blank values, the distinct value count, number of values with leading/trailing whitespace or leading zeros, etc
- Additional information - The Data Profiler node is now Generally Available. It was previously released as an Experimental node in the v.3.4.1 release. For additional information on the functionality provided by this node see this article.
The JDBC Query and JDBC Execute nodes can now be configured to obtain the SqlQuery property value from an input field:
- This provides an additional flexibility in how the SQL statement can be created e.g. dynamically based on values determined in upstream nodes.
- The SQL statement executed by the JDBC Query node can be different for each input record. The result sets from each of these queries can have different metadata. The JDBC Query node now provides additional properties to specify ow the record sets will be merged, and how to process fields that have the same name but have different data types (e.g. int and double), or have incompatible data types.
Trim Fields Node
By default, the Trim Fields node treats the values specified in the 'TrimCharacters' property as individual characters – removing any occurrences of the characters at the beginning and/or end of the input data field(s).
- The new 'TrimCharactersAsString' property allows you to optionally treat the value in the 'TrimCharacters' property as a string and remove this prefix and/or suffix string from the input data field(s).
UI Performance Improvements
- The Data3Sixty Analyze UI now offers improved design time performance and increased usability.
Navigate to Errored Node
- When a node within a Composite node generates an error and the erroring node is on a different level to the current displayed level, the title of the error in the Errors panel is displayed as a link.
- When the link is clicked, the canvas navigation will change to display the node that is associated with the error and select the node.
Unique Node Identifiers
- New property references are provided to uniquely identify composite level properties of a node instance within a data flow.
- The property reference textual substitutions are specified using the syntax:
- Note, this enhancement was also included in the v.3.4.1 release.