In this article, we will cover how to implement a very simple ID duplicate check by counting the number of times a specific ID Field appears in Infogix Assure. This functionality is only available for Detail Control Entities.
NOTE: This article was created using Infogix Assure 9.2. It may look slightly different in previous versions, but the steps are still the same.
1. Create a field that will store the ID Field count and make it numeric. In this example, it's named "tally".
2. In your Extract tab for the source you are capturing from, add a new "Tally" Extract Rule. Set the "Operation" as Increment.
3. Select "tally" as your field and use the following options:
- Combine: Accumulate
- Merge: Accumulate
You will not need to set "Replace When" as it will be unavailable with the above settings.
4. Run the control to test the tally (if able). If you have a User Report set up, you can add the "tally" field to it like in the screenshot below:
You have now successfully set up a tally for ID Fields in Infogix Assure. Because we are checking to make sure there are no records with the same ID Field, we can use the Validate Tab and check if "tally" is greater than 1 to perform the duplicate check automatically.
5. Create a new Balance Condition Validation Rule Set. Give it whatever name you'd like. In this example, it is called "Duplicate Field ID Check".
6. Select "tally" from the "current" field list as the field, ">" as the Operation, and a Numeric literal "1". It should look like this when you are finished.
7. Add any behavior to "When Passed" or "When Failed" as desired. You may also add a Result.
You have now successfully set up a very simple duplication check on the ID Field in Infogix Assure.