This article covers how to setup connectivity between Govern and DQ+, and how to display a DQ+ dashboard within Govern. The instructions below assume your DQ+ dashboard is already created.
Enabling communication between DQ+ and Govern
The instructions below will only need to be performed once per DQ+ environment. This may be setup already if you have other DQ+ dashboards displaying in Govern.
- Log into your DQ+ instance. The user will need to have admin access.
- Go to Admin -> Settings:
- Add your Govern URL into the Portal Host Names field:
Preparing your DQ+ Dashboard URL for use in Govern
- Within DQ+, navigate to your dashboard and click "View Stage". This gives a fuller view of your dashboard without the pipeline navigation on the left pane. This will give the dashboard a cleaner view within Govern.
- Copy the current URL. It will look similar to:
- If your URL does not contain a "tenantID=<company name>" variable, then it will need to be added manually to mirror the format in Step 2. The variable "tenantID" and its value are both case sensitive.
- Append the string below prior to "#viewdashboard" in your URL. This further removes the UI, similar to View Stage in Step 1.
&portalmode=trueThe complete URL will follow this structure:
https://<server>.infogix.com/desktop/index.html?tenantId=<company name>&portalmode=true#viewdashboard/26894A sample URL would look like:
- Copy your completed dashboard URL. Pasting your URL into a browser should display your dashboard with minimal UI:
Displaying your DQ+ dashboard in Govern
- Once your have your DQ+ dashboard URL, log into Govern and navigate to Administration -> Dashboards:
- Click Add:
- Select Data360 Foundation as the Report Type, provide a Name for your dashboard, and paste your dashboard link into the URL field. For Target Type, select the item that your dashboard relates to. Optionally enable Show on Home Page.
Note, if you pick an Artifact or other related item as the Target Type, the dashboard will also display in the dashboard tab of that item:
- Click Save. Your dashboard will now display in the chosen Target Type and/or the home page, based on your settings chosen in Step 3.
The most common error is the following:
This content can’t be shown in a frame
There is supposed to be some content here, but the publisher doesn’t
allow it to be displayed in a frame. This is to help protect the security of
any information you might enter into this site.
This indicates that either the Govern URL used in the DQ+ admin settings isn't correct, or a manually added Tenant Id isn't correct. Note that the Tenant Id variable name and value are both case sensitive.