In this article, we will go over using the "Networked Character/Byte Stream I/O" Data Access Method in Assure. This example uses Fixed Layouts, but the instructions are the same for any layout that has a Data Access Method.
1) Click on your layout (existing or new). In the bottom pane, you'll see the "Data Access Method" field. Click on the drop down and select "Networked Character/Byte Stream I/O".
2) In the bottom right-hand corner, click the "More" button and select "Edit Advanced Path/URL".
3) In the window that pops up, enter in the path to your file.
4) Hit "OK" and then hit "More" and click on "Edit Network Credentials".
5) In the window that pops up, enter in the username & password of a user; make sure it has access to the file location you're grabbing from!
6) If you want to, test the layout.
You have now successfully created a layout that utilizes the Networked Character/Byte Stream I/O Data Access Method.