This course builds upon the foundational knowledge and skills acquired in the ACR/Summary Basic course.
To signup for training, please fill out our Training Course form.
Who Should Attend
Anyone interested in learning to build upon the fundamental concepts associated with ACR/Summary controls and personnel who will ultimately be involved in the ACR/Summary implementation.
- Completion of the ACR/Summary Basic Training course
- Familiarity with your organization’s inputs, business processes, and work flow
- Experience working in an MVS environment and familiarity with MVS dataset names, JCL, and TSO/ISPF
- Access to ACR/Summary within your environment
Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Follow the correct steps to code and test intermediate ACR/Summary controls
- Balance an ACR/Summary control using Access Mode 3 and Calculated items
- Set up the Recap and User Reports
- Describe additional Job Information options
- Describe how Variable Cycle Processing is set up and used within ACR/Summary
- Set up an ACR/Summary control using Variable Cycle Processing
- Describe, set up, and run the ACR/Summary database Utilities
- Describe implementation considerations
On-site: Note that for on-site training, ACR/Summary Basic and Intermediate courses are combined and taught as one course in 2.5 days.
Web: 4 two-hour sessions – For web conferencing instruction, the participant should block off approximately 4 hours each day, after the web conference, to complete their assignments.
This course is available for Windows or MVS environments.
This course is available for on-site or web instruction.