This course will familiarize you with the Case Management function of Data360 DQ+. It provides you with a simple example and practice exercises that you can use to learn the fundamental concepts associated with Case Management.
To signup for training, please fill out our Training Course form.
Who Should Attend
Anyone interested in learning the concepts behind Case Management, and personnel who will ultimately be involved in its implementation.
Before attending this course, you should have:
- Basic understanding of the ways in which the application of Data360 will benefit your business.
- Familiarity with the location, type, and scope of the data that drives your business.
- Knowledge of the most common types of data exceptions (errors) produced by your system, and what ways in which they are resolved.
- Previous attendance in, and successful completion of, the Data360 Foundation training course.
Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Follow the correct steps, in the correct sequence, to set up and implement Case Management.
- Create an Data360 environment and complete administrative tasks.
- Create and configure a data repository (data store) from which to draw data.
- Create and configure a repository of exception data (case store) which end-users will utilize to research and resolve exceptions.
- Create the user-interfaces that will be presented to the end users.
- Develop and execute an analysis that will isolate data exceptions.
- Define the series of states and queues that each exception case will pass through.
- Create a dashboard that will display exception data.
- Access the Case Store and practice the tasks required to work on cases.
On-site: 1 days.
Web: 2 two-hour sessions – The participant should block off approximately 2 hours each day, after the web conference, to complete their assignments.
Instructor led with hands-on activities.