This course provides participants with a foundation of knowledge and skills that are required to develop ACR/Summary controls. It also enables participants to manage and enhance existing deployed controls.
To signup for training, please fill out our Training Course form.
Who Should Attend
Anyone interested in learning to build upon the fundamental concepts associated with ACR/Summary controls and personnel who will ultimately be involved in the ACR/Summary implementation.
- Familiarity with your organization’s inputs, business processes, and work flow
- Experience working in an MVS environment and familiarity with MVS dataset names, JCL, and TSO/ISPF
Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Follow the correct steps to code and test basic ACR/Summary controls
- Analyze a sample business process for ACR/Summary applicability
- Set up basic job information and input sources
- Create and test file definitions
- Set up rules, return codes and messages
- Run balancing for ACR/Summary controls
- Set up history items and balance data against the history database
- Review and understand the ACR/Summary Control Report
On-site: Note that for on-site training, ACR/Summary Basic and Intermediate courses are combined and taught as one course in 2.5 days.
Web: 4 two-hour sessions – For web conferencing instruction, the participant should block off approximately 4 hours each day, after the web conference, to complete their assignments.
This course is available for Windows or MVS environments.
This course is available for on-site or web instruction.