After installing DQ+ 3.3 Fixpack 3, you can connect to HIVE data sources. The following steps will enable you to connect to and capture data from HIVE using a Kerberos Keytab.
- Instruction for DQ+ 4.3 or later versions click here
Hortonworks 2.6 / Hive 1.2
The following drivers have been tested and verified to connect to Hortonworks 2.6 / Hive 1.2
as a data source using Kerberos authentication. Note that other versions of drivers have not
been validated and might not work.
Cloudera 6.2 / Hive 2.1
The following drivers have been tested and verified to connect to Cloudera 6.2 / Hive 2.1 as a data source using Kerberos authentication. Note that other versions of drivers have not been validated and might not work.
- Ensure DQ+ 3.3 Fixpack 3 is installed
- Download and unzip build.gradle into the /tmp folder.
- Copy build.gradle to the /opt/infogix/sagacity-3.3/scripts folder. For example:
cp /tmp/build.gradle /opt/infogix/sagacity-3.3/scripts
- Grant execute permission to the file. For example:
chmod 777 build.gradle
- Copy the keytab file and hive jar files to the following directory:
/opt/infogix/sagacity-3.3/overrides/hiveMake sure you use distinct names for all keytab files, for example sagacity.hadoop.keytab, sagacity.kafka.keytab, and sagacity.hive.keytab.
- For Cloudera 6.2 and Hive 2.1, copy the keytab file, cm-auto-global_truststore.jks and hive jar
files to the following directory:
- Execute the deploy command.
Defining the JDBC URL for Cloudera 6.2 and Hive 2.1 in a Data Store
In the JDBC URL, add the sslTrustStore property with the full path to the trust store:
Note : The following location "/opt/cafe/util...." referring to Application Server Docker conatiner.
For interactive mode, the full JDBC URL is as follows:
After Test Connection, Generate Fields, Test Data Store and Test Analysis are successful in
interactive mode, for analysis execution, use sslTrustStore=cm-auto-global_
truststore.jks, so the JDBC URL is as follows:
Using a keytab in an analysis
To run an analysis by using a keytab for hive data store, set the following execution properties in
|cafe.db.hive.keytab.user||The keytab principal name|
|cafe.db.hive.keytab.file||The /opt/cafe/util/spark/jars-hive/keytab file name|