1. I can't get my trend reports to work, what am I doing wrong?
There are a couple of steps you need to take in order to get your trend reporting to work. These steps are:
- Load the definitions for the job you are trying to trend using the defloader utility in the Insight GUI.
- Extract history for the job you are trying to trend using the "extract history" utility located in either ACR/Summary or ACR/Detail. Make sure to use the alternate extract history option, EXTWV.
- Load the extracted history into Insight using the history loader utility which is installed with the client utilities for Infogix Insight.
- Set up your trend report and run it.
If you are still unable to get your trend report to work after taking these steps, please contact Infogix Customer Support.
2. I cannot add the control group I created to my control view.
In order to add control groups to a control view, the control group needs to have the proper users added to it. For example, if you are currently logged in as the admin user you will need to add the admin user to that control group in order to see the results in your control view.
3. My User, Free Form or Control reports are not being autoloaded into Insight.
There are a couple of settings that commonly cause this problem, please check the following:
- Check your report loading setting for the job in question. Report loading is not turned on by default at the job level. To check this setting, go into the report options for the job in question and verify that the options are all set to "generate and autoload to database". Auto-loading of reports to the database option can also be set in the user options file or as a JCL parm.
- Make sure your JCL has the proper DD statements defined for autoloading. You will need to add DD statements for UNIWXML, UNICRXML and UNIFRXML for the different reports that can be loaded into Insight. A more detailed explanation is available in the API installation guide for the mainframe.
- Check the autoload status in the administration section of the GUI - there might be errors in the actual XML file being sent to Insight.
- Check the ACR job output for any warning messages that refer to XML report loading. For example, if your Insight database is Oracle, an error beginning with ORA- indicates a database connection error and a #UWV107W indicates the report exceeds the maximum size limit.
- If I have different environments sending information to Insight but these environments use similar job names, how do I differentiate between them from within Insight?
There is a setting called the "platform-ID" which is used to differentiate between the different environments in which you are running your ACR jobs. The platform-ID is a unique identifier that you can assign to your controls. The platform-ID variable is set in the Insight API configuration for the machine that is sending results to Insight. Please contact Infogix Customer Support if you require assistance configuring this setting.
5. None of my Assure results are visible in Infogix Insight.
You must set up the URL of your Assure instance in the Information sources tab that is found within the Insight GUI. For the platform-id enter the server name that the Assure instance can be found on. For the URL, enter the URL Assure can be found at, eg: http://servername:9080/infogixassure/.
6. When I click on Control View I do not see any gauges for my newly created view.
If there are multiple control views assigned to a particular user, you must select the specific control view you want to look at by clicking on the folder icon located at the top of your screen above the filter settings. Also, make sure to check that the user name you are logged in as has been assigned to the control view by going into the view builder, selecting your view, and checking for your user name under the permissions tab for that view.
7. Insight consists of a web application, a database repository, and the platform specific ACR APIs. Where are the Insight client utilities located and what are they used for?
The utilities are located on the installation CD and can be loaded on the server with the web application or on a separate machine.
Two of the more commonly used utilities are the history loader and XML report loader. The history loader is used to load a history extract file that enables the trending feature for ACR jobs. The XML report loader loads User, Control, or Free Form report in XML format. This utility can be used in the recovery process to recover reports that were not autoloaded to the database.
You can find more information on all the utilities in the help directory where the client is installed. For example, C:\Infogix\Insight5.3client\help.
8. What are the steps in the Insight recovery process?
If your ACR job runs and encounters a communication error with the Insight database, then these steps can be taken to recover the ACR job information and reports:
- You must use the user options file to be able to recover the ACR reports. There is an option that allows the ACR reports to be written to a file in case of database communication failure.
- The ACR job/step name and start/end time among other information will be written to the recovery file.
- The recovery file can be loaded by running the RUNRVY on MVS, UNIX, or Windows.
- The ACR reports can be loaded by running the XML report loader utility.
- What are the different roles within Insight?
Roles within Insight can be divided into two types: administrative and user. Each role is assigned specific functions and the level of authority varies between roles. For example, the superuser has access to all the functions within Insight whereas the Insight Auditor can view Audit trail information. For more information on roles, please refer to the Role Matrix in the Insight help system.
10. How can I load my XML reports manually?
There are .bat scripts called xmlreportloader.bat and reportloader.bat that can be used to manually load your reports. These .bat files are installed along with the client utilities portion of the Insight installation. Invoking any of these .bat files will give you a list of arguments on how they should be executed. If you require further assistance in using these .bat files, please contact Infogix support.