If you have Data360 Analyze setup on one environment, you may want to copy all users, groups, folders, and data flows from your source environment to your DEV or PROD environments. This article describes how it can be done.
Please note this document is a work in progress, it is possible that your environment has unique constraints that are not covered here yet. We recommend that you test this before applying it to your PROD server.
- Both environment machines must have access to, and see these folders with identical names:
- the temp directory
- the site directory
- The source environment by default will produce backup (LXP) files. You will use one of those during this process, so you need to know how to locate them. They are commonly stored here: <site directory>Data3SixtyAnalyze/data-7731
- As the hostnames of the machines will be different, you'll need to ensure that the license file for the target system is not overwritten
- No jobs (scheduled or ad-hoc) should be running on either side while the transfer is in progress
Steps to copy the environment over:
1. in the source environment, locate the LXP for the latest night backup, ensure that it is roughly the same size as the others, and copy the file off to an external location for safety.
If you need to force a backup, please run the attached script (lines 22-24 must be changed before use)
2. also in the source environment, copy the keystore, and cust.prop files to the external location
Refer to the attached Installation Guide for more details on this step, pg 16 > 1A.
3. on the target server, using the same Data360 Analyze version, run the installer and select to restore from backup - point it at the .lxp file
4. once the installer is complete, copy over the items from step 2 before starting it up
Please note: any required third-party JDBC drivers should be installed within the site folder rather than within the analyze install directory.