This article provide detail for adding data source to WebSphere Application Server.
Step by step instructions with screen shot
1. Login to WebSphere Admin Console
2. Navigate to Data Sources
3. Create New Datasource
4. Select scope from drop down menu as required that is Cell, Node, Cluster
5. Enter Basic Data Source information scope will be brought forward from previous selection Data source name & JNDI name: “jdbc/” followed by your database name & press NEXT
6. Select Create New JDBC Provider
Select your Database type from the dropdown. There are a number of databases like DB2 which are supported by WAS out of the box. An example is shown below using DB2 Database along with IBM DB2 JCC supported driver & press NEXT
If database is not readily supported, select User-Defined from the database types.
7. Database Class path will be auto-filled as per IBM available standard leave as default & press NEXT
8. Enter Database specific properties & press NEXT
9. Setup Security Aliases (i) component-managed & container-managed authentication can be set to similar values example Datasource from drop-down menu (ii) Mapping could be set as defaultPrincipal or depending on how you would like to map this Datasource & press NEXT
10. Under Summary review & verify the fields you entered & press FINISH
11. Navigate to the Data Source & press Test Connection to verify connection.