From time to time, customers may need to restore their system from a backup. This could be due to problems encountered while upgrading, or if their system has gotten itself into a corrupt state.
PLEASE NOTE: you can only restore to the version that you were on already.
> In the event of a failed upgrade, you'll need to restore your previous version (the one you were upgrading from). You will need the installer of your previous version before undertaking the steps in the article.
> In the event that your system has become corrupt, you'll need the installer for the same version you are on.
For the purposes of this article, installer version 3.4.0 will be used as an example throughout.
STEPS: (the first two steps are for server users only)
- If possible, go through and delete any old schedules
- Select each dataflow and choose "Delete Run Data" Don't do this for runs you need, but if you have older dataflows, it will help reduce the size of the backup if you purge the temp files.
- Go into the data directory…Data3SixtyAnalyze\data-7731 and take a copy of the recent complete backup that you wish to use for the restore. It will have a .lxp extension. All the backups should be roughly the same size. If one is significantly smaller than it should not be used, as it may be incomplete
- Move these folders to some other place (don’t copy and paste) to some other folder: <dataDirectory>data-7731 and <dataDirectory>site-7731.
- Uninstall the application, ensuring all traces of it are removed from your computer. The uninstaller is located in the <installDirectory>
- Locate the 3.4.0 Windows Server D360 Analyze installer, right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
The Installer Windows:
- Accept the license agreement and click ” Next”
- The next window is Data3Sixty Analyze Usage Policy – click “Next”
- The next window is Restore from a backup – check the box, and select the .lxp file that you chose in the first step
- The next window is “select the folder where you would like Analyze to be installed”, select a folder and click Next
- The next window is “Provide the directory location where Anlayze configuration files will be installed” – input the locations of your choosing, and click Next
- The next window is to select the Analyze server port, enter your port and click Next
- The next windows is to enter your license, enter it and click Next
- The next window is to enter the HTTP & Stop ports, enter them and click Next
The next window is for Security Store password; when the installer asks for the security store password, make sure it's the same as the previous one used. Enter the password and confirm it, select to store password. And click Next
The next window is for the database port – enter it and click Next
The next window is to create a start menu, check the box and click Next
Version 3.4.0 should work now. We recommend you open the application and ensure that it works. If it does not, please raise a Support ticket.
If you've had a failed upgrade, we recommend you follow these steps before attempting to upgrade again.
- keep a copy of the .lxp from 3.4.0 somewhere safe
- Open Services (Task Manager > Services tab) and scroll down to the Data360 Analyze Services. There are three in total
- On each Data360 Analyze Service, right click and select "properties". The below window should appear.
- Under the General tab, change the "Startup type" from 'Automatic' to 'Manual' and hit "Stop" (this needs to be done for all three services individually).
- Ensure the three Services are no longer running
- Reboot your computer
Then you can try to upgrade again. After upgrading, change the Startup type back to Automatic.