After installing Ambari server the default id/password of Ambari console is "admin/admin".
Below are the screenshots, which will illustrate "how to change Ambari console default password"
- Logon on to Ambari console with default ID/Password (admin/admin).
- Click on 'admin' tab on right top corner. It will list down the Admin options.
- Click on Manage Ambari option, the link will redirect to the Apache Ambari manage page. Click on User under Manage User + Group section.
- Click on 'admin' user.
- Click on Change Password button.
- Now put current password in Your Password field, and Enter new password under New User Password field. Save it and exit. This will set your new Password of user 'admin'.