The instructions below demonstrate how to use override.properties within Assure, Insight, Perceive and ER to modify product configuration.
The steps below are performed once per installation.
- Open the appserver.properties file in the following location:
- Configure the CONFIG_OVERRIDE property to point to a location on a shared file system or on the host where the server is running.
The location specified by CONFIG_OVERRIDE will become the location to store override config files.
Overriding property files
- Take a copy of the property file you want to override from the directory below:
- Place the copy in the location defined by the CONFIG_OVERRIDE property.
- Make any necessary edits to the property file within the CONFIG_OVERRIDE location.
- Run the validate-config-values script from the installation's bin directory. A sample syntax of this script is below:
./validate-config-values.sh -c IA IA
Run the update-config script from the installation's bin directory. A sample syntax of this script is below:
./update-config.sh -c IA IA