In Data360 Analyze, restoring an LXP (backup file) onto another system is now supported. This article outlines how to copy a source system (system A) over to a target system (system B). The process is documented loosely in the Installation Guide, and the purpose of this article is to add clarity to it. Steps are being taken to improve the documentation, but in the meantime this article will direct you to the relevant sections of the Installation Guide. Please find attached the 3.6.0 Server Installation Guide.
- STEP 1 - Page 25: In the Uninstalling Data360 Analyze section - see step 1a. This tells you what files you should make a copy of from the source system A. Here is an overview of what you'll need to copy, please see the Installation Guide for more details:
* <Data360Analyze site directory>/conf
* <Data360Analyze site directory>/lib
* Your securityStore.jks in the data directory e.g.
Windows or /home/<user>/Data360Analyze/data-7731/securityStore.jks
- STEP 2 - Page 5: demonstrates the normal installation process that will take place on the target system B. Choose "restore from backup" during installation on system B and use the LXP from system A.
- STEP 3 - Page 6 & 7: at the bottom of page 6, and going onto page 7, the Installation Guide tells you the additional steps you'll need to take post install to ensure system B will work using the config and secure store from system A. Here is an overview of what's needed, please see the Installation Guide for more details:
* Stop the server
* Replace the site/conf and site/lib folders with the ones that you copied from
STEP 1 above
* Check the cust.prop file to ensure that all paths lead to the new installation
* Replace the securityStore.jks file with the one that was copied in STEP 1 above
* Restart the server