The purpose of this article is to outlines steps to the users utilizing WebSphere Application Server to add JVM arguments within JVM as needed.
- In the Administration Console select Servers
- Expand Server Type and select WebSphere application servers
- Click on the name of your server in your environment that needs modification.
- Expand Java and Process Management and select Process Definition.
- Under the Additional Properties section, click Java Virtual Machine.
- Scroll down and locate the textbox for Generic JVM arguments.
- In the Generic JVM arguments box, specify the desired argument as needed or instructed by your support team.
Below is the example of Generic JVM argument to override Default TLS:
- Within the same page, on the top-right hand side, under Additional Properties, click on the Custom Properties
- Click on New as depicted below:
- Specify the JVM argument property as below and Click "Apply" or "OK"
- Restart the server for the custom property to take effect.
- Repeat the same steps for the other JVMs as well.