After Controls Administrators have created control groups, users with the View Builder role use the View Builder feature to create control views for Control Viewers.
To build a control view, please follow the below steps.
- Click Administration > Control Views Click on "New".
Provide a name (Description optional) for the control view, and determine if you want to use the system option in the Resolved Indicator field.
Click the View Builder page.
- If you want to add a control group directly below the top level of the control view, click the blue plus icon next to the control view name.
- The Add Control Group pop-up window displays.
- Select the control group you want to use in the control view, and click OK.
- You can add additional subviews and control groups below the top level of the control view.
- If you want to add a subview below the top level of the control view, click the green plus icon next to the control view name, and provide a name for the subview.
- You can then nest another subview below the first, or you can add control groups to the subview.
Click the Permissions page.
- Click Add to assign users permission to access this control view.
- The Add Users or Groups pop-up window displays.
- Select User or Group in the Type drop-down field, and then type a partial or complete user or group name in the Name field.
- Click Apply.
- The users or groups that meet your filter criteria display.
- Select the users or groups you want to assign permission, and click OK.
- The users or groups are added to the Permissions page.
- Select the View and/or Edit options next to each user or group to determine the specific permissions. The View and Edit options appear only when the “Enable Control View and Control Group Object Level Security” option has been set in the System Options. If it is not set, only the Name and Type appear and there is no option to grant permissions to view or edit the control view.
- Click Save to save the new control view.