From time to time, you may find that Data360 Analyze is a little sluggish. This may be
- in a general scope whereby simple tasks like dragging a node around the canvas, or creating connection points takes too long
- a more specific scenario whereby a particular data flow is not loading quickly, or the execution time of the nodes is not optimized.
In these cases, we ask that you would raise a support ticket and send the below information. If you would like a member of our support team to help with gathering this information, please raise the ticket and request a call.
- HAR file. You'll find steps on how to get a HAR file here: HAR File
- Webapp log. Please see this article on where to find the log: Log Location If you could enter the log folder and rename the current webapp log to webappOLD that would be ideal. Then reproduce the slowness issue, and a new webapp log with the required information will be created
- the data flow (only send this if the slowness issue is specific to a particular data flow)
We would also like to get an understanding of the following:
- the complexity of the data flows – are there any clocking, Cartesian products, etc?
- the size of the data flows
- roughly how many nodes you run at once in the data flow
- the machine specifications - CPU count, CPU speed, RAM
- the amount of data being processed
If you are running the server version, we would also like to know...
- the amount of simultaneous users accessing the server
- the amount of data flows running simultaneously in the scheduler
Note: In Analyze, there are multiple ways to accomplish the same task. The methods you use in a basic dataflow with a small number of records may not be appropriate as the complexity of the logic or the size of the data increases. Sometimes, some refactoring is necessary to achieve higher throughput.