This article is primarily for new Analyze users who wish to understand how document sharing works in Analyze. This article and video shows you how to how to import, move documents between folders in Analyze and then export them.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES:
Exporting and sharing documents is a key component in Analyze, and this article aims to give you an understanding of the following:
- Once a data flow is exported, it is given a .lna extension and is written to your Downloads folder on your computer.
- When you import a document into Analyze, it will be in the form of an .lna file. In the attached video, the file is imported into the 'Public Documents' section.
- How to move documents from one folder to another within Analyze. In the video, the file is moved out of 'My Documents' and into 'Public Documents'
If you don't see what you need here, try our Beginners Guide for further learning: Beginners Guide
Software version: 3.6.1
1. TO IMPORT A DATAFLOW:
- Open the Directory (the main page)
- Click Import > Data Flows or Nodes
- Browse to the .lna file, and click “Open”
- Select the folder where you want to store the data flow in Analyze
2. TO MOVE A FILE BETWEEN FOLDERS:
- From the Directory, select the data flow you want to move
- Click on the Hamburger menu in the top right corner
- Click 'Move'
- Select the new destination for the file
- Click 'Move' to confirm the transaction
Note: there are two default folders in Analyze: Public Documents and My Documents. When you place a dataflow into Public Documents (or any of it's subfolders) it can be viewed and used by anyone logging onto your computer. If a dataflow is placed in My Documents (or any of it's subfolders), it is accessible only to you.
3. TO EXPORT A DATAFLOW:
- From the Directory, select the data flow
- Click on the hamburger menu in the top right corner
- Click Export
- The file will be written to your Downloads folder
We'd love to hear your thoughts on this article and it's contents, or if you have a use case that you'd like to see demonstrated in a video / article, please let us know by posting in the comments below, or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org