This article describes how to upgrade from versions 3.0.5 or later. For earlier version please see page 7 of the attached installation guide.
- you must be running Windows 10 64-bit architecture
- you must have the following Visual C++ Redistributable Packages installed (the x64 variant of the
- Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2008, available HERE
- Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013, available HERE
- The end user who will be running Data360 Analyze should be logged onto the computer
1. Download the installer from HERE
2. Open Analyze and export all of your data flows under My Documents and Public Documents. If you have several documents they can be exported at once using Ctrl+A > Export.
This is just a precautionary step - in the event that something goes wrong you can recover your work
3. Go to the Windows Start Menu and type 'Stop Data360 Analyze' into the search box and click on it to shut down your Analyze instance
4. Right-click on the installer, and select ''Run as administrator'. If you do not have
administrative privileges, an admin user can enter their credentials to allow the installation to
THE INSTALLER WINDOWS:
After selecting to 'Run as Administrator' and opting to allow the app to make changes to your computer, the installer will display a series of windows.
1. Welcome to the Data360 Analyze Setup Wizard - select 'Yes, update the existing installation' and click 'Next'
2. License Agreement - select 'I accept the agreement' and click 'Next'
3. Data360 Usage Policy - read the policy and click 'I agree'
4. Data360 Analyze Configuration - if you have received a license file from Infogix, browse to it and hit select. If not, click 'Next
5. Installing - the installer will now:
> uninstall the old version
> extract and copy over files from it
> check if an upgrade is required
> perform Database upgrade
> migrate from the previous version
> install the new version
Note: This step may take several minutes
6. Complete the Data360 Analyze Setup Wizard - check the 'Launch web application' checkbox and click 'Finish'
From the Windows Start menu, type 'Start Data360 Analyze' into the search box and run it. The first time Analyze is launched it may take a few minutes to load.
We'd love to hear your thoughts on this article and it's contents. Or if you have a use case that you'd like to see demonstrated in a video / article, please let us know by posting in the comments below, or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org