Starting in Data360 Analyze v3.6.1, a system data flow named Data360 Failed Schedule Email Notification is now triggered when a scheduled data flow fails. This feature is enabled via the schedule's
Send email on failure setting.
Note that the Scheduler, along with this notification data flow, is only accessible within the Analyze Server edition. The Analyze Desktop edition does not have access to the scheduler.
Accessing the Data360 Failed Schedule Email Notification data flow
- From the main Analyze page, click on All folders:
- Click Data360 Services:
- Double click on the data flow:
Setting up the Data360 Failed Schedule Email Notification data flow
- Once within the data flow, click the Send Email node
- Fill in the
FromAddressproperty under the
- Complete all of the node properties under the
- Save the data flow.
Note: the Send Email node depends on several run properties to dynamically fill in its email template. To test the Send Email node without triggering a failed data flow, you will need to fill in the data flow's run properties prior to node execution. This is only required for testing and is not required as part of this flow's setup.
- Create a new schedule or edit an existing schedule
- Specify the On Failure Send Email setting and input an email address. An email address must be specified for the failed schedule email notification data flow to trigger.
- Save the schedule
- When the data flow associated with the schedule fails, an email notification will be sent