NOTE: The content below contains information regarding a legacy feature. APIs are now available out-of-the-box as documented within the API documentation.
For users to be able to request data using the API, as a user with administrative permissions, you must first configure the service in the application, as follows:
- Log in to Data360 Govern as an administrative user.
- Using the navigation bar, navigate to Administration > Integration > Custom API.
The Services page displays.
- To create a new service, click the Add button in the upper right.
- In the New ApiService page, complete the following required fields:
- Name - Alphanumeric value. Generally, the Name field value is limited to 250 characters.
- URI Segment - Alphanumeric value. This value is used as the URI value.
- Cache Max Age - Maximum number of seconds before a cache refresh. The optimal maximum cache age depends on the data. For example, if data is a list of states and provinces, the cache may be configured for a longer period, as these lists do not change often. However, if data consists of user or customer accounts, the cache age should be shorter to avoid cached data becoming stale.
- Click Save.