Separate Create and Modify Permissions in Responsibility Types
With the release of Data360® Govern in early September, the create permissions of a Responsibility Type will be decoupled from the 'Applies To Entire Type?' option in a responsibility rule. The permissions set on the Responsibility Type will be the true permissions the user assigned to the responsibility has, regardless of how any responsibility rules are configured. This means if you want some users to have only modify permissions and other users to have both modify and create permissions, you will need to configure two separate Responsibility Types for that asset type.
What you need to do:
- Determine if you have a responsibility type that will now need to be separated into two. You will know this by checking all of the following on a responsibility type.
- 'Modify asset' and 'Create asset' permissions are currently checked,
- There is at least one responsibility rule with 'Applies to Entire Type?' checked.
- AND there is at least one responsibility rule with 'Applies to Entire Type?' unchecked OR a user has been assigned the responsibility via an override.
- Create the new responsibility type with edit only or create permissions
- Create the new rules
- Remove or modify the rules from the previous responsibility type
Here is an example of three different responsibility types for an asset type and what the users will be able to do.
A user assigned a responsibility with these permissions will have the ability to create and modify an asset, the asset’s responsibilities, and the asset’s relationships:
A user assigned a responsibility with these permissions will be able to edit assets, responsibilities, and relationships; but will not be able to add new assets, responsibilities, or relationships:
A user assigned a responsibility with these permissions will be able to add and edit responsibilities and relationships, but only will be able to edit an asset. They will not be able to add an asset.
Please contact your customer experience representative or Infogix Support with any questions.