Within Data360 Govern, users may wish to create relationships between assets they own or have responsibilities for and assets they do not own or have responsibilities for. A common use case is for users to create a relationship between a business term they own and a technical asset that is owned by someone else. But to create a relationship via the relationship tab, a user must have relationship responsibilities on the subject asset and object asset.
Below are directions for how to grant users in groups rights to create relationships between assets they own and assets they don’t own.
1. Within Administration > Responsibilities> Asset Assignments, choose the asset type the users should have rights to create relationships to or from.
2. Then, grant these permissions:
- Read asset, responsibilities, and relationships
- Create relationships
- Modify relationships
- Remove relationships
*Note: These can be modified according to your specification. For example, if you do not want these users to have the ability to remove relationships, then do not check “Remove relationships”.
3. Create a responsibility rule. This rule can be used for multiple groups. The rule should have:
- Visible” unchecked – users won’t appear on the asset as owners
- “Applies to entire type?” checked – users will be granted read and relationship rights for all assets within the asset type.
4. Create a rule that incorporates all groups who should have rights to create relationships to these assets.