I've got a question for LAE 6.1.4: how to automatically choose between a BRD file and a DB query?
Succeeded so far:
- I can work with nodes DB Query, Output BRD File and read BRD file, no problems.
- I am able to write the query date to the file name and I can compare it to the run date, and choose the latest available file: dateSubstract(RunDate,FileDate) <= 7.
- I have a massive DB query that produces nearly 20 million row items. This is written into a BRD file.
- The BRD file should be used as a data source (instead of the costly DB query) when the file is less than 7 days old.
- How can I automate the graph to choose the right action: if BRD file is 7 days or older, then perform the DB query and output a new file?
- Please see the clumsy flowchart (attached) depicting the situation.
Thank you in advance for helping the clumsy LAE newbie!
Please sign in to leave a comment.